Friday, October 12, 2012

pet peeves

We all have them. Those little stupid insignificant things that probably shouldn't bother us, but do.

Here is a sprinkling of mine

1. Someone chewing with their mouth open is there anything more to say about this?

2. When dads "babysit" . And maybe its because I hear this at work a lot. "I babysat my daughter..." But I'm sorry, you do not "babysit" your own kids. its called parenting. Spending quality time with your child. And no, you will not get a medal for doing your job.

3. Not using your blinker/turn signal until your already in the process. "oh, you want to turn? I couldn't figure that out from you cutting me off and your car was 3/4 of the way into my lane. I just thought maybe you were drunk.

4. When people are outraged at breastfeeding, but then go home to watch an r-rated movie
because God-forbid we use them for what they were made for.

5. political extremism. No so much that it exists, but the way that the extremes communicate their opinions/ideas. in such a condescending all or nothing manner and never even listen to the others pov without thinking of their retort in the meantime. as a moderate it makes for a political environment that is intolerable.

6. Glasses Everywhere. ok, this one is pinpointed towards my dear wonderful husband (he really is dear and wonderful). For some reason he cannot reuse glasses. He goes through maybe 10 a day and leaves them all over the house. (rarely the dishwasher) Usually with some amount of liquid in it. It reminds me of the little girl from the movie "Signs"... "its contaminated..." (please tell me someone gets the reference)

7. Spilled Milk.  Um ok, I don't drink milk cause I don't like the taste, so I'm not talking about cows milk. I'm talking my milk. After pumping. Anytime I spill any amount, especially if its more than 1/2 an ounce, I go completely ballistic. In my head anyway. I can usually control the outward swearing.  Its liquid gold I tell you, and I have just wasted precious currency.

8. Moist. its just the grossest word out there. worse than "panties". Everytime the word is said I get the heeby jeebies. I once met someone with that as their last name. I would rather die. Or change my name. One of the two.

Ok thats all for now.

If you come to my house, don't get outraged at my breastfeeding and leave glasses around while talking about your poitical extremism or how you babysit your kids and knock over my moist liquid gold.

No comments:

Post a Comment