Saturday, January 5, 2013

a year of Mindfulness

I have decided that 2013 will have a theme for me.

After some thought and some thorough discussions about resolution with clients, friends, spouse, I have decided that I want my goals to be decidedly positive, with a theme.

So often our goals involve taking away, being less than. Quit smoking, eat less, spend less,  lose weight, etc. While these are all good goals, I want to focus on being more. Or building upon positives. Even though some may involve doing something less, or some things differently its with the ultimate goal of becoming more myself and becoming more mindful.

2013= being mindful.

Mindful to me, meaning, being more aware of whats happening in the moment. Enjoying/savoring/challenging/thinking through each interaction. Creating more meaning. Bill called it being deliberate.

How do I plan on doing this?
in a few main areas...

1. With my son.

2. Health : (running, work out, weight, etc)

3. spending

4. relationships (spouse/friends)

5. my own thoughts.

Each of these will get their own explanation and post.

Join me in the year of mindfulness.

No comments:

Post a Comment