Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Thankfulness


 In light of many people posting their daily Thankful list. I decided to just compile a list here. I like the idea of being grateful daily. It reminds of to stay focused and positive. Even on the little things. I hope we can remember to do this all year long. Not just in November.

I really am thankful for so many things. I have been blessed beyond measure. My complete list would take volumes and frankly, you don't want to read it, and I don't want to write it. So how about a significantly condensed version where I will feel guilty about all other the wonderful things I ended up leaving out. ha.

In no particular order:

1. My family. And by my family I mean, my brilliant hubby, my precious precious son, my sisters, my in-laws, my gramma and some pretty cool cousins. So much love and beauty. The smell of baby, watching him sleep, shared dreams, inside jokes, laughter, shared history, trash-talk,  Much much more than I could have ever expected or hoped for.

2. My son. I sometimes cannot believe that I have been entrusted with another human being. And this boy, only 9 months old, is so sweet and beautiful and good-natured and fun to watch. His laugh alone is one of my favorite things in the universe. A close second is watching his sleep.

3. I get to have the best of both worlds as a mom and a working professional. Working part time I get to do both. I get to work just enough to satisfy my ego and stay home plenty to not have to miss a thing with my baby. And my work is fulfilling. It also helps to have great childcare when I do work, with someone I can call  "friend". I am very Thankful for that.

4. At the end of this year I can say that I have known my husband for 10 years. 10 years???? Seriously, where does time go? Each year gets progressively better. Richer.

5. Health. I went to my OB and he is always impressed by my blood pressure. I take pride in that. lol. And I can honestly say that I feel great. Probably better than I have at almost any point in my life. Physically, mentally, emotionally. more at peace. Stronger. And in awe of what the human female  body is capable of, and capable of coming back from. Seriously, having a baby is no joke people. And I just had 1. Bless you mamas of several and all you have endured physically.

6. I Have been blessed to watch some friends and loved ones work on some of their own personal development and in turn it has helped me. Proof that all changes you make do not affect only yourself, but those around you, in ways you may never know or realize.

7. That I have means. That I am able to do the things that I want to do without too much worry. That I can buy local meat.That I can afford to be picky.  That I can pay the mortgage, buy Christmas presents, food, clothes, etc, and not have to worry if we have enough to cover utilities and other expenses. its such a relief that I am always aware of and always aware that could not always be the case.

8. Kitty. I know. It might sound lame, but I cannot begin to tell you how good she is for my soul. She brings me such peace and calm. Petting her, hearing her purr, seeing her sit right in front of the door when I get home, it all brings me joy. Pets are able to do that. Just wait till we one day get our hobby farm...

9. Food. I know I write about food a lot. But I love food. I love the taste, texture, smell, comfort, all of food. And yes, I recognize that I have a "relationship" with food. I am okay with it and have been learning to make it a much healthier more connected relationship and it helps me enjoy and appreciate it more. Knowing where my food comes from, taking pride in what I can create, and especially being able to enjoy the fruits of it. Home made anything always trumps store bought/processed/prepackaged anything.

10. The internet. I love that I have this medium to talk to and connect with so many people from so many different times and groups of my life. I probably never would have met my aunt/cousin/sister without it. It is a constant source of information. A place to share thoughts. And, like anythimg else, it can be used for bad. It can be addicting in many ways. But if I can learn to keep it limited, it is a very good thing.

And I am keeping it to 10.
Though there is much much more.

What are you Thankful for?

No comments:

Post a Comment