Friday, February 22, 2013

Shred

For fun , or insanity, I have decided to attempt Jillian Michaels 30 day shred.
Jillian Michaels: 30 Day Shred

I tell you this for 2 reasons.

1. I think Jillian Michaels is awesome. I watch her on the Biggest Loser (we all have our guilty pleasures) and and listen to her podcasts. She talks about the science behind fitness, not just the fads. Actually fads piss her off and its fun to hear her rant and rave. Additionally, her mom is a psychologist so she often works with the psychology of fitness. A lot of her ideas on food and nutrition validate what I already feel about organics fruits and vegetables and grass fed beef. I think she knows what she is doing.

2. Perhaps I am bored. But I want to shake up my fitness regime as the cold it getting to me. So I am really interested in seeing if it really works. it is literally only a 20 minute workout, but you need to do it almost every day. And I have 20 minutes. I just always feel like my workouts need to be much longer to be effective. This workout is designed to be intense and effective and short. And I also believe to run well, and avoid my stupid injuries, I need to work on building my muscle strength.

I finished day 3 today.

And to tell you the truth, I wasn't sure it was going to be that good or hard. But can I tell you, my body is aching from a 20 minute work out. Burning. So you know its doing something. And I like the method. It is not boring and I know what to expect each time, which with this video, is not a bad thing.

Today it was short enough that I could start it, and my son woke up form his nap halfway through. I went up to get him and brought him downstairs with me and put him in his playpen (yes, I use one sometimes...my momma did and so do I). And only had 10 minutes left, which is plenty of time to keep my son occupies with some Little People, puffs and he bopped to the music himself.

I'll update you in 30 days to see if we notice any changes. And if I can keep up!





No comments:

Post a Comment