Wednesday, April 11, 2012

gift

I saw someone do this amazing picture with a baby laying over a bible passage and had to recreate it with my son. The passage was out of Psalm 139...
13 For you created my inmost being; 
   you knit me together in my mother’s womb. 
14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; 
   your works are wonderful, 
   I know that full well. 
15 My frame was not hidden from you 
   when I was made in the secret place, 
   when I was woven together in the depths of the earth. 
16 Your eyes saw my unformed body; 
   all the days ordained for me were written in your book 
   before one of them came to be.

And so here is my version.


Why do I just love this so much?
My perspective is that this child was given to me as a gift. Entrusted in my care. He is not just mine. A God who is far more creative and wise than I can ever imagine, has seen me fit to watch over this little guy. Somehow.
That God loves this kid, as He does all people with perfection and without condition. He made Ben to be wonderful. And its my job, with God's help, to raise him towards his fullest potential.  What an awesome, humbling and completely scary responsibility.

No comments:

Post a Comment