Sunday, January 1, 2012

Resolutions

What would I like to accomplish this year?


1. Learn as much as possible about parenting to be the best parent possible. This including reading books, taking classes, asking questions and filtering through information to take what I feel is good and appropriate. This kid deserves a good start.

2. I've  been looking at some sort of fitness goal. Sadly I probably cannot start it quite yet, but can continue my walks, yoga and elliptical. But I am looking at training for a 1/2 marathon as I know many people who have done it and I will have this jogging stroller so Little Dude can accompany me on some training runs. I need to pick the race too.

3. I would really like to make some more local friends. I have a few very good ones. However I have not been that good at putting myself out there and would like to find some people who are in similar life stages to me...i.e. just starting a family. I do not want to become to isolated at home. So I plan on joining a group or something for new parents. Maybe my walks/runs will introduce me to some other newly parentified neighbors too.

4.Cut back on certain kinds of spending. I realize this is an oxymoron because we will now have a kids...cutting expenses, but I will also be cutting my work hours and thus my pay. So, while I will have to be more specific on this one, certain categories of spending will need to be managed better by myself, i.e. eating out for lunch (I don't see that being an issue) clothing/shoes (could be an issue), miscellaneous/untracked spending. 

5. Finding more peace. One of my favorite quotes out there is "the more I come to peace with myself, the less I engage in war with others." Not that I don't live peacefully, but I want to continually point myself in that direction and set a good example to Little Burris and my clients. There are so many ways to do this. I have been enjoying my prenatal yoga, refocusing reading and life efforts on my faith, being introspective and even re-entering some personal therapy, taking care of myself, meditating/focusing on positive thoughts, etc. 

No comments:

Post a Comment